We are so happy that you are considering joining us for our Denim & Diamonds in-person banquet. COVID-19 has certainly thrown us a few curves in service since March and we were hoping it would be gone before our banquet in October. While it is not gone, we are thankful for the creative forces who have agreed to help us do an in-person event as well as venture into the virtual world. We thank MSGPR for their help in making this possible.
If you have been to one of our Denim & Diamond Banquets in the past, expect that this banquet will look a bit different. We will attempt to do our best at social distancing, our meal will be presented according to the standards set forth by the caterer and our decorations will be somewhat minimal to save on expenses.
Here is some information that will hopefully help you as you prepare for October 1st.
- The doors to both locations will be opened at 5:30 p.m., you will immediately go through the line for your boxed hot meal, and the program will start promptly at 6:15 p.m. We desire to have you out no later than 8:00 p.m.
- The location will be The Silos at 206 E. Grosbeck in Lufkin, Texas.
- If you or your guests have a temperature or any of the symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. We will miss you, but we want all of our guests to be as safe as reasonably possible.
- We encourage you to wear a mask when you are not seated at your table (i.e., visiting with others, going to restroom or walking in the building for any reason).
- We will have extra masks in case you forget yours and will be equipped with hand sanitizer throughout the facility.
- IF COVID-19 should regain momentum and more cases resurface, thus shutting down events, we may be forced to cancel our in-person event. We will certainly keep you abreast of the situation and ask you to pray with us that this does not happen.
- In the event that our in-person event must be canceled, you will be sent a link to watch the virtual banquet instead – 2 days before it is cast. We will cast the event on our website as well as Facebook. If we must cancel the event, we will do our best to quickly get you gift certificates for the value of the food that would have been served by Tome Catering.
- We are looking forward to this different, but hopefully still fun event. Enjoy these fun activities:
Hidden Treasure Boxes
We believe that each person we see is special and purposed for a reason. Many times we find that our clients do not see what a treasure they are and it is our task to help them see their value. In recognition of the hidden treasures that we minister to every day, we will have these cute boxes available for purchase at each location. Inside will be a number that matches a “Hidden” gift that we have put together. The cost per box is $100 and each box will contain a treasure What Hidden Treasure will you find?</P
Find a sneak peak of some of our treasures here!
Guess the Gems
It is amazing how the center has grown each year. We would not have been able to guess how many gems we would be serving each year and we are thrilled by what God has done. You will have the opportunity to guess the gems as each location will have a container with the same number of gems inside. You can purchase three (3) guesses for $5.00. The ONE person from “both locations who comes closest to the correct number without going over will be the winner of “Breakfast for 20” from our friends at Whataburger.
We are excited to have our first ever online auction. Here are some details
- The auction will be available starting Monday, September 21st.
- Visit https://go.americancharityauctions.com/denim-and-diamonds
- Please peruse the online auction and see if there is anything that meets your liking or share the link with your family or friends who may be interesting in placing a bid.
- All of the proceeds from the auction will directly benefit our resource room – supplying diapers, wipes and lots of items to help bring Joy to the Journey of Parenting.
- Our financial goal for the auction is $8,000 so please share the link with others and help us continue to make a huge difference.
- All bids will close at 10 a.m. on Friday, October 2nd.
We hope this information is helpful to you and that you are excited about participating in this virtual event and helping supply vital resources to the Pregnancy Help Center of Lufkin. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 936.632.9292.